Tuesday, November 3, 2009

September: Persistence

The theme for September was persistence.  To be persistent means to stick with something and to not give up.  A person is willing to work on a task in order to reach the final goal or outcome, even if the along the way one gets frustrated or tired.  Think about a time in school (does not have to math class), where you felt really frustrated or tired of something, but you were able to get through it.  If you can not think of a school example then think of another time in your life when this has happened.  What did you do when you were frustrated?  How did you get through it?  What did it feel like to complete it?  

12 comments:

alpacka said...

I remember when I was in science class last year and i had to right a paper on the human body. I couldn't think of anything i thought it would take me forever to finish it. But i remembered something my dad was tellling me about and as i remembered that i was able to right the paper.

marshwoodchick <3 said...

I feel like this on tests and quizzes some times. I will always get stuck on one problem and get sooo frustrated with it. I just try and do my best to deal with it. In french she told us to right everything down first and then start your quiz, so if u were about to take a math quiz u could wright all the formulas or something. I feel stressed after quizzes, if im going to pass them or not.

clueless said...

A time when I was persistent was in fifth grade when I broke my femur. I was in the hospital for more than two weeks, and I was out of school for three months. I thought I would never be able to walk again, but after about four months I was back to walking normally and out of a wheel chair. Now I can run and do anything with all my friends. I feel very accomplished.

XxbubblezxX5 said...

In school I would get really frustrated at an assignment we would have to do when there's there'd a different teacher because they usually mix up what we're originally supposed to do and then we have to restart it when the teacher gets back. I try to do the work the best I could but usually make it seem like I'm doing the work but I'll do something else. When I got extremely frustrated I took a deep breath and thought about something else just to get my mind off the teacher. It didn't really feel good after completing it because the teacher made me really mad that I wanted to scream.

marshwood20 said...

One time when I was frustrated and did not give up was when I was at USM for field hockey camp. We where practicing driving and I could not get it. So I just kept trying and finally I got it down. But I can not always get it but I keep trying till I do.

begreen13 said...

In school, there are different kinds of persistence, even out of school. Maybe in a store or in your home, persistence is all around you. Persistence can mean a good amount of things in school and some of those things are sports, tests, homework, a project, and much more. For an example of a type of school persistence would be when you are taking a big test and it counts for most of your grade. Trying to complete this task with no problems and not give up. They might get frustrated or tired, but they are trying to reach the final goal. That happened to me once and because I tried and believed in myself, I got through it and ended up with a very good grade I was proud of. While I was taking my test, the thing I was frustrated about was how we had a time limit, being one class period, no other time. Thinking to myself that I was not going to be able to finish and get a bad grade I though to myself again. What if I look on the bright side and then maybe I won't feel so worried and that is what I did. I do that now all the time and that good thing about it is that it helps me calm down and I am able to reach my goal to the top.

fh c tf 14 said...

This activity was outside of school. There was a Marshwood Cheering clinic at the high school and we had to learn a dance is four hours. Coach Erica was doing the steps very fast and we would only review it 3 times and that wasn't enough for me to learn each step. When I was frustrated I got really angry and was stressing out and everyone was telling me it was okay but I wouldn't stop freaking out. When I got home that day I was practicing it non stop so I wouldn't forget it because this dance was the try out dance for Marshwood Basketball Cheerleading. I felt relief everywhere when I got that dance down, I felt like I was in heaven!

mms174 said...

I remember one time in math I had a hared time knowing how to do something. It felt like everyone knew how to do it. There was a test coming up and I was getting mad. I got some help and ended up doing a really good job on the test. I felt so happy to get it.

candycorn123 said...

I had a time at the beginning of the year, where I had a lot going on. Play practice, cross country and gymnastics. I felt overwhelmed with homework and would often be up very late to finish it. I knew I had too much going on but I didn't want to drop anything. I got very frustrated. I got threw it by just thinking to when everything would be over and thinking about the weekend of the play and how it would be worth it. The weekend when the play came, I felt great about my self.

basketball418 said...

I remember a few weeks ago in science when I had trouble doing science. We had too measure something with a number and two decimals. i didn't really get how to do it, so I ask Mr.Thompson for help and how you get the two decimals. You have too measure something and than do a decimal for the little lines and where it is closer too.

I now get how to do it.

mmsgardenfan11 said...

I remember in science last year when I got a F on a quiz so I stayed with it and studied really hard and I got a 100% the next time.

dudenumberone said...

Last week I had science homework and i didn't really know how to do it and i was getting wicked mad. So i asked my mom if she could he and she didn't know what to do so i got even more mad. So i just read what i was supposed to do over and over again and then it just came to me! I was so happy