By Gary Paulsen
Listed below are words that appear in the story Lawn Boy. They are in the order that they occur in the story. Respond to this blog with a prediction/summary of the events that you think will happen in the first three chapters of the book.
secret, twelve, money, ten-speed, inventor, broke, fire, birthday, turtle, danger, neighborhood, pockets, crashed, camp, limit, Arnold, lawnboy, stockbroker, sneaky, account, owe.

15 comments:
I think that their is someone with a secret and then twelve people find out. Then they use money to buy a ten-speed. Someone invented something and it broke. Their was a fire. After that someone had a birthday and they got a turtle. They became in danger. They moved to a new neighborhood. Their was a pocket in the road and they crashed. After the crash they found a camp. Their was a limit to how long they could stay. A person met someone made Arnold. Someone became a lawnboy who met a stockbroker that was sneaky. Lawnboy, or Arnold made an account. And owed money
I think that there is going to be something to do with banks and money. Also I think that someone might not be able to keep there house and sell it. I think the main charter will probably live in a group of house next to each other.
The lawn boy keeps a secret that he is getting twelve dollars for mowing lawns and he saves up the money to buy a new ten speed lawn mower from a rare inventor and when he tried to use it it broke and caught on fire. Then it was his birthday and he got a turtle that was in danger to the neighborhood because he kept it in his pocket while mowing the lawn. Then he crashed the lawn mower and went to camp for a certain limit of time and met Arnold who was another lawn boy whose dad was a stockbrokers and sneaks with an account the he owed money on
I think that Arnold is twelve years old and he gets asked by his neighborhood to mow their lawns, because he's a lawnboy. He also lost the stock and he lost all of his money from his pockets. Like he lost all the money he had. I don't get this.
The boy in the story’s family is in economic danger. The boy tries to help out by mowing lawns. It is a secret. He rides his ten-speed bike around to get to jobs. He wants to surprise his family with the money on his moms birthday. When he crashes his bike, it breaks and he can’t afford another one, he has to quit the lawn mowing job and he thinks of buying stock. He knows he is too young but really want to do it for his family. The boy is sneaky about buying stocks. He get a lot of money. Enough help his family plus go to camp.
the end :)
i think this story is about a kid. and him and his family are broke because there house caught on fire and the kid goes around mowing people's lawns to get money for his family and while he is mowing lawns her learns about the stock market and he ends up finding it very interesting and he learns more and becomes good and managing the stoke and becomes a stock broker
I think it is about a boy who wants to make money so he starts a lawn mowing company to make money for the things he wants and then his dad talks about the stock market and it interests him and he puts some of the money he made mowing lawns into stocks to see if he can get more out of it
I think he will have a secret when he is twelve. He then will earn his money to buy a ten-speed. Then I think he is going to make an invention that breaks in a fire. After that he has his birthday and gets a turtle. I think his neighborhood will be in danger and he starts picking pockets to get money. Then I think the economy will crash and he will go to camp. At camp he reaches the camps limits and make a friend, Arnold. Then i think he will mow lawns and then become stockbroker. I then think he will try to be sneaky and add to his account but will get caught and owe money.
In the book "Lawn Boy" I think the boy will get a lawn mower for his 12th birthday, from his neighborhood friend, Arnold.
I think that a 12 year old boy gets a tractor and mows lawns and gets a ton of money. Then he has to give his money to his parents because the stock market crashed and they lost all their money.
The lawn boy keeps a secret that he's mowing the neighborhood lawns for twelve dollars. With all of his money he bought a new ten-speed mower. It broke down and caught on fire, and for his birthday he got a new one, along with a turtle. The turtle was in danger because he was crawling around the neighborhood, when the lawn boy checked his pockets, all of a sudden the mower crashed. The turtle was dead.
If I had read these words before I heard the book, I probably would have thought that the book has something to do with the stock market, as the words include stockbroker, money, inventor, and owe. I also had the idea of a bike in my mind because one of the words mentioned was twelve-speed.
What i think is going to happen is that a boy named Arnold is going to get a lawn mower for his birhday. He is a twelve and has a 10 speed bike. mabey he is going to go to a camp with the money that has earned. Or he has to go to camp because he crashed his mower and his parents dont know what to do. Maby he got an acount and put is money in it but it was a secrite so his parents would know. He alo could have invest in stalk with the money.
I think on Lawn boy's twelfth birthday he gets a lawn mower for his birthday from his grandmother he went outside and started playing with and his neighbors saw him playing with it and said offered to pay him money to mow there lawn. He figured out his lawn mower can only go up to 10 miles an hour. He meets Arnold, but Arnold doesn't have enough money to pay him so instead he makes stalks for lawn boy in Arnold's name. That's my prediction!
I predict that a boy has a secret and he tells twelve people because they offered him money and then he bought a ten speed from the inventor. Someone broke it by putting it in a fire on his birthday. He got another one and he ran over a turtle with it so then he put up a sign that says danger turtle crossing around the neighborhood. He emptied his pockets and then went home and crashed on the couch. He woke up and went to camp, the bus went under the speed limit. He met Arnold there, who was a lawn boy and his dad was a stockbroker. His mom was a sneaky accountant who owes people a lot of money.
Post a Comment