Tuesday, November 3, 2009

September: Persistence

The theme for September was persistence.  To be persistent means to stick with something and to not give up.  A person is willing to work on a task in order to reach the final goal or outcome, even if the along the way one gets frustrated or tired.  Think about a time in school (does not have to math class), where you felt really frustrated or tired of something, but you were able to get through it.  If you can not think of a school example then think of another time in your life when this has happened.  What did you do when you were frustrated?  How did you get through it?  What did it feel like to complete it?  

20 comments:

happypanda1229 said...

When we were doing immigration I was so frustrated with my group. It annoyed me so much. I tried my best to do something and no matter what I did it wasn't good enough according to them. Although they didn't like my work I kept working at it and pushing myself not to get mad at them. I showed persistence by not giving, not showing that I was frustrated with my group, and when we were done with all the work in Immigration I felt so much better knowing I did my best and didn't show that I was frustrated and tired.

XConverseGirlX said...

Soccer Practice-

A lot of times during soccer practice it would require us to run or to work really fast, and if I had a long day, i really had no energy and didn't want to try. Sometimes I would also have issues stopping the ball because I was out of focus or I just wasn't into playing and I would get frustrated with myself and want to give up. But I had to keep trying. I would think about why I went out for the soccer team and what I would probably be doing if I didn't have soccer to think about or try harder for. Some times when I felt like that I would listen to music to get me motivated. Or I bounce around, or back and forth between my feet and try and get my muscles moving and ready to go. Especially during games when I felt like this I would run around with one of my friends or something like that. Or we would listen to music and talk. When we won a game it felt really good to know that we worked together as a team, or when i scored the only goal in a game it made me feel even better. And the games we lost, I would still be in a good mood and still be happy even if we lost 0 to 4. a lot of m persistence comes from friends and music. Like if i wasn't ready to play, I would listen to something with a good beat. Or my friends would cheer me up.

cchick said...

One time when I felt very frustrated was in Language Arts Class in the fourth grade. I was very frustrated because we had this writing prompt that we needed to do. The prompt was the biggest prompt I had done in my whole school life. The prompt said that we needed to have the story be about eight pages long and or it needed to be eight hundred words long. I was very intimidated by the amount of work that needed to be done to pass this prompt. When I had become frustrated with the project, I just stopped doing it and came back half an hour later, and started doing it again. I got through it by doing about one to two pages everyday. Once I finished it, the day before it was due, I felt that I had done a good job because my teacher had done a TAG Conference on it with me. That was when I persisted the most that year because that was a big art of our grade in the Language Arts section of our report cards.

ChuckNorris said...

I felt frustarated in immigration when me and another were the only ones doing anything in our group. We did all the work. We both knew he would get a bad grade on it, But it was hard to finish the project with that person not doing anything at all.

GoGreen123 said...

I can not think of a time in school when I was persistence but in field hockey when I was trying to do dodges I couldn't get it right, then in a game situation i did a couple and I felt so good and I was very proud of myself.

007 Agent said...

Last year in gym class we were on the climbing unit, and I really really wanted to climb the rock wall by the door, but every time I tried, I couldn't do it. Or so it seemed. I was getting so annoyed that I couldn't do it so each day I asked my group if I could try it again, they said yes, and I'd try and figure out a way to get up there each day. On the last day, I tried again and I made it. I was so happy with myself. Being persistent will make you feel really good and when you keep trying it'll be worth it in the end.

piggy1234 said...

A time when I used persistence was in gym when I was climbing the rock wall. I was constantly falling off and couldn't get over the slant in the wall. I kept trying though, all though I'm terrified of being high up and my team was getting tired because I was taking so long. Because I used persistence I eventually made it to the top! :)

chair said...

Recently, in science I took a quiz. I didn't do well on the test and that alone got me frustrated. I was even more frustrated when I did WORSE on the retake. I decided I would take the re-take re-take, but I would study A LOT more. I stayed up until 10:30 the night before and when I took the quiz, I got a 90. I was really proud I got a B on a quiz that I recently got a F on.

its a gift said...

A time I was persistent was playing in my football game while my ankle was broke but than my coach finally took me out of the game.

Muffins13 said...

In Science class I had persistence when i had a bad grade and I worked hard on the following work pieces so i could bring my grade up and a lot of the time in science i didn't want to do the work but i stuck with it and brought my grade up to a safe level.

GGGGunit50 said...

I felt really frustrated when I did immigration. I felt frustrated because it took us a lot of time to do it all, and everybody was annoying and even some people didn't help out at all during the whole project. But thats ok too because they didn't get a lot of points either. I also got frustrated when some people thought that they were just the man and had to take over and not let other people help out, jut so they could get the 100 and give everyone low points and bad grade.

MMSClass123 said...

During ImmIgration I got really frustrated when one person in my group wasn't doing any of the work. I tried to tell him to help but he didn't listen. It was really bugging me. I got through it by reminding myself that he was going to get a bad grade if he didn't start to help. It felt really good to be done with immigration. In the end when we graded the kids in our groups, lets just say I didn't give him a very good grade.

horsechick8077 said...

During horse back riding it involves a lot of persistence. You have to have a sturn attitude, and you have to have that attitude believable so the horse thinks your serious, you have to make sure your not afraid or the horse will since your afraid and get nerves. It wont end well I cant tell you that much. Anyway when I get up in my horse. I relax, breathe, and begin the commands. It ends up going well. mainly because I have never fallen off. I feel more relaxed on him than anywhere else in the world.

vampiress1909 said...

I can't really think of anything from school but here's something from basketball.
In the beginning of the season last year I absolutely stunk at lay-ups. What I did to improve was practice everyday and I was very persistent and never gave up. By the end of the season I was making almost every shot.

nommixo(: said...

When I have used persistent is very day when I go to cheering . We do a lot of core work and there have been times that I did not feel I could last longer , but I stuck with it . Most of the time when I do math homework that I am not good at , I tend to give up because I am not good at math , but I still stink with it even when I suck at it .

dog5 said...

The time that i felt furstrated when doing somting was when i had to clean my room. Last week it was furstrating because I had to put my matress back on my bed, pick up all my clouths on my floor, and find a place to put everyting else that was lying around. It was tough and stessful and frustrating but i eventualy got throught it, and it was clean again, But its not anymaore thought

bbygrrlxo said...

I time that I was persistence with work was when I played field hockey in September to October. I didn't really understand how to play a "forward" which is the frontline, and I wasn't playing that position right, so I had to practice and practice. Even when it got like overwhelming and frustrating I still tried to do the right thing, and after time I got to know my position.

student38 said...

One time I was persistent in math last year because I stayed after and worked with the teacher until I understood it. I felt a lot better when I learned it knowing that I had accomplished my goal.

xopeacce said...

Some times I use persistence is when I go to play practice and we have to learn a new song with a dance to go with it. And whenever I get something wrong I get mad, and when I keep trying and trying to get it right it gets easier and easier to learn. And now since we have shows I do it perfectly. And I stuck with trying and and I usually give up on things.

LatteRee said...

There was a time I got very frustrated it was during immigration unit. I was with my group and it was going well at FIRST. Then when it came to the presentation and who was doing what we were out of control.We fought and argued about little things but in the end it all paid off we got a good grade and we were relieved that we did not have to do that again.